In Wake of White Supremacist Violence in Charlottesville & Imminent Threats to DACA, the Center for New Community Launches New Resource to Expose Attacks on DACA from Anti-Immigrant Organizations with Deep Ties to Racist Extremists
CHICAGO, IL - The Center for New Community today launched Who’s Behind the Plot Against DACA, an online hub hosting exhaustive research exposing the deep ties between anti-immigrant organizations that have links to racist eugenics and forced sterilization efforts, including the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), NumbersUSA, and the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), hardline anti-immigrant federal and state elected officials, and the network of multimillionaire donors who fund their anti-immigrant advocacy. In the wake of the horrifying violence from white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia earlier this month, exposing these ties between the organized anti-immigrant movement and white nationalists is even more urgent.
The site, available at plotagainstdaca.com, is the first in-depth and interactive visual representation of the organized anti-immigrant movement. It hosts one of the most comprehensive online collections of information about the links between anti-immigrant organizations and their advocacy for fringe racist policies targeting immigrants and refugees.
“A network of deeply racist, anti-immigrant groups is behind the cynical attacks on DACA that we are witnessing today. These groups have a shared history rooted in white nationalism and continue to advocate for abhorrent policies designed to expand a white majority in the United States,” said Lindsay Schubiner of the Center for New Community. “We hope this new free and publicly available resource will shine a bright light on the racist roots of the organized anti-immigrant movement and their support for dangerous policies that would be devastating to communities across the country.”
- An exhaustive directory of hardline anti-immigrant organizations that have advocated against DACA, their links to proponents of white nationalism and eugenics, and their efforts to end immigration, enact mass deportation, and put the nearly 800,000 DACA recipients under imminent threat.
- Evidence of long standing and virulent attacks on immigrant youth by individuals such as FAIR’s Dan Stein, CIS’s Mark Krikorian, NumbersUSA’s Roy Beck and IRLI’s Kris Kobach.
- Exposing the long-held ties between figures in the organized anti-immigrant movement, their donors, and ties to fringe white supremacists.
- Federal and state elected officials aligned with the organized anti-immigrant movement, who use their positions of power to advocate for anti-immigrant policies.
- The racist beliefs of the highest-level of Trump Administration staff pushing extreme anti-immigrant, anti-refugee, and anti-Muslim policies.
The Center for New Community tracks organized bigotry and equips grassroots movements to mobilize a powerful force for justice, fairness, and opportunity. For two decades, CNC has worked to build a just society that values the inherent dignity of all people.